Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Nurgle Oldhammer Warband part 1

So, I've been really enjoying looking at pictures of miniatures from the 80's and early 90's lately. I've recently found a great forum (http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/index.php) that has everything I've been looking for in a miniature community. At my own game store there are very few players that enjoy or remember Warhammer in the 80's and 90's, especially the miniatures, so its nice to find that I'm not the only one that misses the days of 3rd edition Warhammer. In the spirit of this new found community I've decided to create a Nurgle warband using the Fantasy chaos line from the 80's and early 90's.
Since I am very poor right now, having lost my job, I have searched my mini collection for some of my older miniatures. I've lucked out and found a few chaos warriors to paint. I'll be starting with a mini that I converted and painted in the early 10's.

Originally I converted him by cutting off his mace and replacing it with a sword blade from Archaon the Everchosen, as well as giving him Archaon's shield. I have now replaced the blade and shield with new ones more in keeping with the appearance of the model.
I've decided not to strip him before priming him since the paints I used were thin enough to not clog any details. I'll be using an airbrush to prime him and I'll paint him primarily using oil washes.

No comments:

Post a Comment