Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Brotherhood of the Laughing Father part 12

I've started work on my beastman unit. This is the only model I have so far, but its a start. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add this to my genestealer cult or my Nurgle army. I decided it would fit my genestealer cult better. After painting this guy I like the snakemen a lot more than I used to. I got this guy off ebay because he was only $4 and I know snakemen are hard to come by at a decent price. Because of that I'm not likely to have more in the unit so he'll probably be the unit "leader". It think this mini is as Nurglesque as you can get without being a Nurgle made model. His clothes and armor are raged and rotted in great ways.

5 comments:

  1. Snakemen are amongst my favourite models. I've painted 6 of them some time ago and I have 7 of them in the table as we speak. i really like the approach you've taken for this one. Looks properly weird and menacing I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. That's a lot of snakemen. Snakemen are a recent discovery for me, but I think they are pretty cool. I'd like to mix them in with some Olley beastmen to make a unit.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you weren't that keen on snakemen. They absolutely rock, although I must admit I have only painted about half of my unit of 9, and that was 25 years ago, but I was never in any doubt about the quality of the sculpts. I'm thinking I should go and dig them out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the sculpt only looks good in person. If you are looking at it in a catalogue or on the net it doesn't look that good, especially since a lot of the paintjobs are pretty sloppy. You should go and dig them out. Paint them up and post.

      Delete