Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bad news for me

Apparently I was mistaken about the Crystal Brush occurring at both the Coolminiornot.com Expo and Adepticon. The competition at the Expo is only a qualifier for the Crystal Brush. Since there is no way I will win the top spot I don't know that there is any reason to enter. The prizes haven't been announced yet, but if last year's are any indication then its going to be less than $100 for even gold place winners. If there were trophies involved I'd probably still go, but its just gift certificates for the Coolminiornot store. It's not that I only care about winning, it's that I wanted a shot at a Crystal Brush, even a bronze, because the trophy looks awesome. With a qualifier prize only going to the top place I would be better served by saving the money for the expo and putting it toward the trip cost for Adepticon 2015. It's really disappointing since I was looking forward to entering the mini I'm painting right now. Maybe I can find someone going to Adepticon in time to go. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment