Sunday, January 14, 2018

Adeptus Tyranicus 004

The Carnifex is one of the most brutal of all Tyranid bioforms. But it is also one of the most common sights of any Tyranid invasion. Some of Magos Cath's earliest experiments were with Carnifexes. Because of both their savagery and the ease of obtaining viable DNA samples Carnifexes are one of the most easily produced and most reliable of the larger Tyranid organisms grown by the Magos. Of the various forms of the Carnifex the "Screamer Killer" was both the first and most encountered of all varieties. The Screamer Killer has been known to Imperial records since Tyran and continues to be a common sight on all Battlefields involving the Tyranids. Magos Cath has had great success in testing the Screamer Killer's abilities in battle against many different opponents and even the legendary bravery of the Space Marines has been sorely tested by these terrifying creatures.

I am fairly happy with how this model turned out. The only problem that I have with it is that I feel it looks too glossy. I broke my airbrush today and has to add the clear coat with a brush so I feel it went on a bit too glossy. After I get a new airbrush I plan to do a coat of matte over the entire model to dull down the shine a little. Other than that I am very pleased with it. The army is coming alone quite nicely and after I finish my Hive Tyrant I will do a small group photo.




5 comments:

  1. I don't know why it's the first thing for to focus on, but the contrast between the brightness of the base and the darkness of the model really makes him pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loving this Tyranicus project. Totally believable that a clandestine Mechanicus lab of this kind could exist in the 40k universe.

    Can't wait to see what you do with all the other bio-forms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I often think of the Adeptus mechanicus as being every bit as sinister as their dark counterparts. Once I get a new airbrush I'll start on some new models.

      Delete