Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Lady of the House

Presenting the Lady Ninsar, Loremaster of the Clan Ur and bearer of the Weeping Crown. The Ancient Lady Ninsar has been the Loremaster of Clan Ur since it was first founded in the Realm of Shyish. It is she who wears the Weeping Crown, a terrible yet powerful artifact driven directly into the crown of Ninsar's head. It gets it's name from the lifesap that continues to weep from the wounds caused by its use, but the power it grants in combat far outweighs the pain it causes its bearer.

My first "treelord". When I first bought this model I used it as a daemon and added wings. Since I started creating a Sylvaneth army I decided to repurpose her back to her original form. I ordered a base for her, but it still hasn't arrived so I've had to paint her without it. I may still add some pigments to her after I paint her base. She is from Ultraforge, a company that has, unfortunately gone out of business. Fortunately there is another company with a similar design called Creature Caster. Their miniatures are pretty amazing and affordable.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. She turned out nice. Fragile, but nice.

      Delete
  2. Another very cool figure. This project keeps being very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I've almost bought enough models for 2000 points. Just need one more treelord. I'll post more as i paint.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Wanted to chime in to say, Creature Caster is run by the same guy who did Ultraforge. I own some of both of their models and the styles and cast qualities are similar. (Posting anon as I don't have an account.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Thank you for that info. I didn't know they were the same guy. It explains the similarities though.

      Delete