Thursday, January 30, 2020

Cthulhu: Death May Die

So I have recently discovered a new game which just came out from CMON. Its called, as the title may reveal, Cthulhu: Death May Die. I stopped into a Hobbytown USA that I used to frequent that has a very large assortment of hobby products to get some supplies and found an expansion for the game, which I had up to that point never heard of, called Black Goat of the Woods. The art of the model on the box looked pretty incredible and I figured I would use it as a daemon prince for my Nurgle army if it was big enough. Most miniatures made for board games are a lot smaller in scale than GW models so I had my doubts, but it actually turned out to be the perfect size. It also came with 6 Dark Young models that were perfect for chaos spawn. The bases are almost as big as the equivalent of the GW units so they were pretty perfect. After I got them I researched the game itself a bit online and decided that I was interested in trying it out. I figured if I didn't like it I could use the models in it for AoS so I ended up getting the main box and the second season expansion. Which, besides Kickstarter exclusives only leaves one expansion left I haven't gotten, Yog-Sothoth. The game, which I tried for the first time yesterday, was incredibly fun. The first model I painted was the Dark Goat of the Woods. I am hoping to finish painting all the miniatures before the CMON Expo this year so I can bring them with me to play there. But enough about that here is the Dark Goat of the Woods.




1 comment: